Telangana Election 2023: Congress has today released its manifesto for the assembly elections to be held in Telangana on 30 November. In its manifesto, Congress has made promises like giving LPG cylinder for Rs 500, free electricity, gold and cash in the marriage of girls. During this, Congress President Malilkarjun Kharge also mentioned the role of Congress and Sonia Gandhi in making Telangana a separate state.
Kharge said, “Who sat on the chair after creation of Telangana, who had no role. How many people took bullets, how many people died. The public did not benefit from this. The benefit of formation of the state went to those who looted in mining and agriculture instead of the common people.
Kharge said, like we gave 5 guarantees in Karnataka, we handed it over to the people there. Similarly, we have kept 6 guarantees for Telangana also. Those who ask for votes in the name of Lord Ram have not done anything. Congress is providing free bus travel facility to women.
important points of the manifesto
- Congress in its manifesto has promised to provide gas cylinder for Rs 500.
- If Congress government comes to power, women will be given the facility to travel free in buses.
- Congress has promised to provide up to 200 units of free electricity to the people of Telangana if it comes to power.
- Under Indiramma Uphaar Yojana, Hindus will be given Rs 1,00,000 and 10 grams of gold by the government at the time of their daughter’s marriage. At the same time, minorities will be given Rs 160,000 at the time of their daughter’s marriage.
- Congress has also promised to give free scooty to every girl pursuing higher education.