EPFO Higher Pension: EPFO has given the option of higher pension to the employees. In this, employees can easily apply for higher pension. He can apply for this online. EPFO had earlier fixed its deadline as 31 December 2023. By this date all employers had to provide salary details of their employees.
Now EPFO has extended its deadline by about five months. EPFO has also posted on Twitter in this regard and a statement has been issued by the Labor Ministry.
EPFO had given an opportunity to all the employees to avail the benefit of higher pension. For this, EPFO had started the process from 23 February 2023. After this, its deadline has been extended several times. Now if you want to avail this facility then you can apply for it till 31st May 2024.
So many employees applied
According to the report released by EPFO, till July 11, 2023, about 17.49 lakh employees have applied. At the same time, according to EPFO, more than 3.6 lakh applications are yet to be verified. Now EPFO has extended the deadline to apply for higher pension. At present the proposal for expansion has been approved by the Labor Ministry.
how to apply
- You have to go to the e-seva portal.
- After this select the option “Pension on higher salary: Use of combined option”.
- Now click on “Application Form for Combined Option – Combined Option”.
- After this you will have to enter UAN, name, date of birth, Aadhaar number, mobile number linked to Aadhaar and captcha.
- Now select “Get OTP”.
- After this enter the OTP and click on Validate.
- Now select submit.
- After this your application number will be generated.