Bet Dwarka Signature Bridge: Okha in Dwarka district of Gujarat will be connected to Bet Dwarka by road for the first time. The signature bridge connecting both the places is going to open from 25th February. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate it. He laid the foundation of his dream project in October 2017. This is going to come true after six years.
At present the only way to reach Bet Dwarka Island is by sea route. There were also a lot of problems in providing basic facilities like water on the island. After the construction of Signature Bridge and announcement of various schemes of Central and State Government, tourism industry is growing day by day. With the construction of the bridge, it will be possible to travel by road, which will speed up development in Bet Dwarka. With the construction of the bridge, people will be able to reach Bat Dwarka quickly by car.
There is currently no such big bridge anywhere in India (Bet Dwarka Signature Bridge)
The distance from Dwarka to Bet Dwarka is 34 km. Is. There is a distance of two and a quarter kilometers in the sea. Bet Dwarka can be reached from Okha by row ferry boat. For the first time in the country, a 900 meter portion of the bridge has been suspended on two pylons (big pillars) using cables having international standards of strength and safety. There is no such bridge anywhere in the country.
About 65 lakh people will benefit annually
With the opening of the two and a quarter kilometer long bridge, about 65 lakh people, especially tourists, will benefit every year. Last year there was movement of 65 lakh people between Okha-Bet Dwarka. Collector GT Pandya said that the Prime Minister will inaugurate the Signature Bridge on February 25. He will have darshan of Dwarkadhish at Jagat Mandir in Dwarka and will address the gathering at NDH High School grounds. Solar panels have been installed on the footpath of the bridge. These will generate 1 MW electricity.
Features of ‘Signature Bridge’
- About Rs 965 crore has been spent on the construction of this bridge.
- Its length is 2320 meters. It consists of 900 meter cable stand.
- There is a 2452 meter long approach road Okha-Bet on both sides of Dwarka.
- Length of the main span of the bridge 500 meters. It is the longest span in the country.
- Two pylons with a height of 130 meters are in the main part of the bridge.
- 27.20 meter width of four lane bridge. There are 2.50 meter footpaths on both sides.
- There are viewing galleries for tourists at 12 places and arrangements for lighting at night have also been made.